Congressman Gonzalez Encourages San Antonio Area Residents to Apply for Census Opening
WASHINGTON – Congressman Vicente Gonzalez (TX-15) is encouraging residents in the San Antonio local commuting area to apply for a full-time Recruiting Manager position with the U.S. Census Bureau’s Area Office (ACO) in San Antonio, Texas.
“Diligent, motivated, and qualified personnel are key to conducting an effective and efficient census,” Congressman Gonzalez said. “With a strong Recruiting Manager and additional feet on the ground, South Texas can report accurate census numbers that will bring adequate federal funding and proper representation to all communities in our region. I encourage all individuals who meet the criteria to apply for this position.”
Eligible applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
- Reside in the Greater San Antonio area or two hours from southwest San Antonio;
- Be able to self-certify residency in the local commuting area (as defined above);
- Possess the necessary means to travel to ACO on a daily basis.
Responsibilities of a Recruiting Manager include:
- Supervise and manage a decentralized workforce in various geographic locations. Lead a team to ensure staffing needs are met and locally represented for all geographic locations.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with local news media, community leaders and organizations, local government officials to promote community cooperation and generate support for recruitment efforts.
- Maintain liaison with organizations that refer applicants and other employment sources.
- Recruit and train recruiting assistants, office operations supervisors and office clerks.
- Develop and implement a recruiting campaign, monitor recruitment results to ensure large volumes of applicants apply within a specific geographic location.
For more information on how to apply, please click here.