Congressman Gonzalez Announces House Passage of $6.7 Million in Community Project Funding for Central and South Texas
WASHINGTON – Today, Congressman Vicente Gonzalez (TX-15) announced the House passage of H.R. 4502, the House’s Seven-Bill Appropriations Package for Fiscal Year 2022, which includes $6,754,454 for several Community Projects Funding Requests.
“Up-to-date infrastructure and community resources are essential for propelling our region forward,” said Congressman Gonzalez. “From preventing disastrous flooding to improving our community facilities, these projects will supply additional jobs and opportunities to our community.”
This funding will make a critical difference in the lives of people in the 15th District of Texas by updating our community’s infrastructure and resources. The projects can be found below:
· $304,454 to renovate the Brooks County Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW) post in Falfurrias, Texas
· $3,500,000 to update the Corbett Water Ground Storage Tank Project in Schertz, Texas
· $350,000 for Elsa Pacific Park Trails
· $700,000 for Jim Hogg County Lights Improvement
· $1,000,000 for the McAllen Center for Urban Ecology at Quinta Mazatlán
· $400,000 for the McAllen Hike and Bike Project
· $500,000 for the Edinburg Fire Department Complex
“I will continue to fight for these projects as they progress through the chambers of Congress to ensure that the 15th District of Texas receives the federal funding necessary to set our community up for continued success,” added Gonzalez.
The bill will now move to the U.S. Senate for its consideration. Additional projects are under consideration as part of the Homeland Security and the Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies appropriations measures. More information on the projects can be found here.
# # #