Para ver esta página en español, haga clic aquí.
As America responds to confirmed cases of coronavirus (COVID-19), I wanted to share the most comprehensive, up-to-date safety information for our community.
The CDC has a 24-hour hotline for COVID-19 related questions at 1-800-232-4636.
Constituents can now get to CDC’s home page on the coronavirus, simply by going to coronavirus.gov. Additional information can be found below.
NEW CDC INFORMATION ON STATE AND LOCAL PUBLIC HEALTH OFFICIALS: CDC points out that state and local public health authorities are on the front lines of the response to COVID-19 and often have the most up-to-date and detailed information on cases in their jurisdictions. State and local public health officials are often the experts best positioned to inform your constituents about the COVID-19 response in your state or locality.
STEPS TO KEEP AMERICANS SAFE FROM CORONAVIRUS: CDC has published a new, excellent document that provides:
- Steps to keep workplaces safe from coronavirus
- Steps to keep schools safe from coronavirus
- Steps to keep your home safe from coronavirus
- Steps to keep commercial establishments safe from coronavirus
ADDITIONAL GUIDANCE FOR OLDER AMERICANS AND/OR THOSE WITH SERIOUS MEDICAL CONDITIONS: In addition to the CDC guidance for all Americans on how to prevent the spread of coronavirus (such as hand washing, etc.), the CDC has now published additional guidance for older Americans and/or those who have serious chronic medical conditions – the individuals who are at higher risk of getting very sick from coronavirus. For those at higher risk of serious illness, the additional guidance includes:
- Stock up on supplies
- Take everyday precautions to keep space between yourself and others.
- When you go out in public, keep away from others who are sick, limit close contact and wash your hands often.
- Avoid crowds as much as possible.
- Avoid cruise travel and non-essential air travel.
- During a COVID-19 outbreak in your community, stay home as much as possible to further reduce your risk of being exposed.
NEW CDC GUIDANCE ON STRATEGIES TO PREVENT THE SPREAD OF CORONAVIRUS IN NURSING HOMES: CDC recommends such steps as limiting visitors, aggressive disinfecting of facility, and closely monitoring residents with symptoms of respiratory infection.
Infographic on the Symptoms of Coronavirus (In English, Spanish, and Chinese)
Infographic on Preventing the Spread of Coronavirus (In English, Spanish, and Chinese)