Winter Weather Disaster Resources
The recent winter weather disaster has impacted many across the state of Texas. Residents in the 15th District of Texas who were impacted by the recent disaster are encouraged to apply for aid from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and submit damage reports to the state. President Joe Biden declared a major disaster in the State of Texas in 77 counties and ordered federal assistance to supplement state and local recovery efforts in the areas.
In order for additional counties in the State of Texas to obtain aid, individuals must self-report damage to reach the threshold requirements for Individual Assistance. The survey is located here.
Please note that counties may be added to the FEMA disaster list as damages are reported. For all counties that have experienced damage:
Before you apply for assistance or take the survey, make sure you take the following steps:
- Take photos of your damaged items and home.
- Make a list of damages
- If you have insurance, you must file a claim before contacting FEMA.
For those in Hidalgo, Guadalupe and Wilson Counties that have already qualified for Individual Assistance (IA) from FEMA and for counties who may receive approval in the future, below are the ways you can apply for IA:
- The fastest and easiest way to apply for assistance is online at www.disasterassistance.gov.
- Call toll free: 1-800-621-FEMA (1-800-621-3362)
- The TTY number is 1-800-462-7585.
- You can also find a Disaster Recovery Center near you here.
You can find an explainer on FEMA Public Assistance here.